Tuesday, January 25, 2011

We're 17 Years Old!



"Where does the time go?" People say this all the time, yet this is my most honest reaction about Grandma's Attic celebrating its 17th birthday. One minute we're opening up a tiny little shop with approximately 400 bolts of fabric, and the next thing you know, we've grown into this great big shop with over 4,000 bolts on the shelves!

One thing I can say is that the first year we were open, is that I actually had a little quilting frame set up in the back and I did a little hand quilting every afternoon. This last year I've scarcely looked at a quilt frame, much less put in a stitch or two! Instead, I've been busy working on both the brick and mortar and the web stores. It's been fun; I'm having a great time; and I'm not anywhere near a stopping point! The shop is a blessing in my life and I am very grateful.

We're taking an entire week to celebrate this milestone. All fabric in the shop is 17% off this week (in honor of 17 years). Plus, if you bring cans of soup into the brick and mortar store for the local food bank, we'll give you an additional 7% discount for being so generous to others in need.

Everyone who purchases at least $100 either on the web or in the store itself, will receive a gift from us--a beautiful scissors set (two pair!). In additional, we are still holding our book close-out sale of 50% off with plenty great titles to take home with you.

As for me, I am trying to work a little more hand work into my life this year. Whether hand quilting or embroidery work, I am looking forward to the relaxation needle arts can bring.

No comments: