Monday, January 17, 2011

Remodeling Again!


As you probably know, we're always changing things around here at Grandma's Attic. Whether it's redecorating our front windows after the holidays, or featuring the latest and greatest products received from suppliers, we really keep hopping. What with trying to figure out where to put the product and how best to display it so that you have room to shop, it's a fact that I get my daily exercise. And as long as I am not absolutely killing my knees trying to do too much, I enjoy the opportunity to get up close and personal with the merchandise.

From the picture above, you can see that we totally remodeled the Books and Notions area of the shop. We've made it easier for you to browse through the books, find the Leanin' Tree cards, and purchase notions. Seana helpfully posed with a book to show off our new arrangement. Not only is there more room to look through our selections, but to be honest with you, the real reason I decided that this had to be done was that it is going to be a lot easier to set up for registration check-in during Quilt Club sessions. I move one Deacon's bench, haul in a table, and we're there. (Okay, so I don't actually move it myself, but I sure am good at directing someone else to do it.) The upside of this new arrangement for you is that there's more space to move around and there's better lighting.



When we revamped, the batting rack migrated over to the hall area between the front of the shop and the classroom. It's easier to see everything there too. Not to worry about those empty spots on the rack. They'll be full in no time because I just placed a big batting order now that I can see what we're missing!

In order to make more room, I had to get real about the number of books that we are carrying in the shop. I know for a fact that even after we purge some of the books by putting them on sale to you at fabulous prices, we will continue to have more books in the shop than you can imagine. (Don't forget, the book area is just one place we have our books. There's books in Batiks, 1930s, Redwork, 19th Century, Baby, Kitchen items, and the top of all the shelves. It's crazy. What can I say? There's so many good ones out there. It's a win-win situation for you though. I put over 125 book titles on sale 50% off and I moved them all to the classroom area so that you could shop them easily.



This is the book close-out area. Everything is 50% off. And yes, I know there's a gigantic pole in the middle of that space. It's not very attractive, but it's holding up one of those gigantic satellite dishes. My landlord used to own Oregon Cable TV and this was part of the office. The dish is still there and so is the pole which is just fine with me. I have the best landlord on the face of the earth and a little pole in the middle of a display is nothing I can't work around.

Come see our changes for yourself. And while you're at it, bring some of these books home with you. You'll love learning new techniques and discovering new ideas.

No comments: