Saturday, April 14, 2012

McCall's Magazine - February 1903

Knowing that I study vintage women's magazines from days gone by, a customer brought me this little gem. It's McCalls Magazine from February of 1903. This magazine is in relatively good condition for its age and is chock full of illustrations, advertisements, short stories and advice.

While there are many pages of dress illustrations, this is the only color photo in the magazine. I cannot tell whether it has been hand painted like the ones in Godey's Ladies Magazine or not. In the upper left hand corner of this page, it has a little graphic that says "McCalls Magazine, 50 cents a year, including free pattern." Note the Gibson Girl style up-dos for hair and the room furnishings.

I have been reading through many different women's magazines from the very early part of the 20th Century. If you like seeing them, I will post more.

1 comment:

Candy Lee said...

Very interesting to see these magazines and illustrations!